Sunday, May 1, 2011

Secret Pictures

Remember our photo shoot in February? Since I haven't written much lately, it is only a couple posts ago, if you want to check them out! Anyway, there were some pictures that I kept a secret from you all! It wasn't time to reveal them, or their secret quite yet...







October 21st is the official date, but we know that won't be the actual day!

We are SO EXCITED to jump right into this family thing.

I knew I couldn't top the way I told Spencer the First Time, but this one ended up being great still. I told the photographer while Spencer was in the bathroom changing his clothes that I was going to do this, and wanted him to snap away at the camera to get all the reactions. I love how they turned out!

Here are some common Q&A's we have gotten since letting the word out this last couple weeks... *Is this a surprise? Absolutely not. It was planned all the way.
...to that comment, are we crazy? Yes, probably, but we are willing to be so for the next little while.
*How far apart will the kids be? 19-20 months
*Do you want a boy or girl? We have no preference, and WE ARE NOT FINDING OUT. Period. We are going for the SURPRISE factor, second to the surprise of just having the baby. Just go along with us, will ya?!
*So how far along does that make me, for those who don't want to calculate? 15 weeks
*How have I been feeling? Mostly good. Super tired the first trimester with uneasy stomach feelings. But I am great now, back to normal.

That's all I can think of for now. We'll start all the belly pictures and updates from here on out.

9 comments:

Daija said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I love your faces in the second pictures. Too funny!

Mel said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I'm really excited for you! I can't believe it's time for another baby--time flies!

Rachel Smith said...

WOOO!!! Such great news and being surprised is the BEST! It was so amazing when my husband announced if it was a boy or a girl. Congratulations to both of you!

faith said...

What wonderful news!! I'm glad you're feeling good. We have loved having our kids close. Challenging at times, but what isn't?! I'm sure you'll just love it!

Tricia said...

Darling pics! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you two. I think it's so fun that you aren't finding out the gender. I don't know if I could handle it...I'm too impatient:)

Sarah said...

Hey Melina! I don't know if you remember me, Cristan Clark (Story :) and I were (well, still are!) friends growing up, and I met you a handful of times. I have to admit, I saw you on her blogroll and have been peeking into your life ever since! I just had to tell you congratulations and that I am so excited for you! My kids are super close in age and we haven't found out the gender on 2 of them. It is so much fun, you will love being able to surprise everyone the day of the birth. Anyway, I'm happy for you! You make dang cute babies, that's for sure!

Ashley said...

These are great. Spencer's reactions are priceless.

Hayley said...

Congrats on the news! Hope all is well with Mum and baby! xx

Amber Ada Reimann Burns said...

I haven't looked at your site in a while and this is awesome news! Congratulations, I couldn't be more excited for you!