Sunday, January 27, 2013

Laundry Detergent Make & Take Class


If you’re in the Salt Lake area on Thursday, February 7th from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. [open house style], join us for an educational, fun night of making laundry detergent using all natural ingredients with doTERRA essential oils!  Yea!  You know you want too.  It’s time I update my stash [as you can see] so I thought “why not invite my friends over to make some for themselves, or at least see how easy it really is to make?”  It is a more natural way to wash your clothes without the toxins that are in most of the options out there, for a fraction of their cost [you usually spend @ $0.25-50/load at the grocery store].  And the best part, you get to do it with some other ladies!  I have found it to be cloth diaper safe; but it’s a use at your own caution.  I have Fuzzibunz cloth diapers and some Hemp inserts and have had no problems with repelling or diaper stink.

The class includes the following:
-          FREE for anyone who just wants to come and see how we make it
-          Make and Take detergents:
-          $7.00/quart for Everyday Laundry Detergent w/Citrus Bliss Essential Oil @60 loads = $0.11/load
-          $7.00/quart for Whitest Whites Laundry Detergent w/Lime Essential Oil @60 loads = $0.11/load
o   $6/quart if you bring your own jars@60 loads = $0.10/load
-          Quart Jar for each detergent you make
-          Sticker label for the top or front of the jar
-          Recipes for the detergents
-          Optional Add-ons
o   $1.00/each Vinyl Lettering for the jars
o   $7.00/each Flip Top Glass jars
-          Please comment, email, message, text, or call me if you want to make and take home.
o   Melina Maughan
o   801.867.0552
o   I will also send my address this way as well.

I’m sure as you’ve browsed through all the Pinterest ideas you have come across a few of these recipes and have thought to yourselves “I’d like to make this one day” and you pin it, and it’s been months or years and you still haven’t made it!  Well, now is your chance.  I have done all the leg work by gathering all the supplies you need.  So come on over and make some.  Why not?

Some pros and cons to homemade laundry detergent:
Pros:
-          Guaranteed to save you $$money, this is very cost effective, and since laundry detergent is a staple in your home, and used on a daily or weekly basis, you must purchase it, so why not save money?
-          It’s more natural, you know everything that is in it.
-          Gets rid of the washing machine stink.  The doTERRA essential oils used have natural antifungal, antiseptic properties, so it passes those along to your washing machine while it helps to clean your clothes!
-          High Efficiency compatible, that’s what type of machine I have; only using 1 TBSP per load.
-          It’s fast to make and you can make it in bulk for your storage room, and the quart jars are much slimmer and take up less room than the big boxy boxes or cartons of commercial detergent.  You can even put this in your emergency storage!
-          Great for practical gifts as well, because we all need clean clothes, right?
Cons:
-          For some of you, you have to take the time to make it yourself…and that’s all I could think of

Have I convinced you yet, to just give it a try?  Again, I will do all the leg work and gather all the supplies you need.  So why will I do this and seem to care so much?  It’s definitely not to make a profit, since the costs pretty much just cover all the supplies; I may make a few pennies.  It is because I care about living a healthier lifestyle, and by making your own detergent, that is one step to a healthier lifestyle.  I love to share exciting, healthy information that I learn.  And I obviously care about you, since you are invited!  Also, it’s hard to take the step to figure out the project and just do it, so I am the avenue in which you can take that step.  And for the really straight answer, I just like doing stuff like this.  So come on over.

Again, I need to buy enough ingredients, so please comment, email, message, text, or call me with what and how many quarts you want to make and take home if you want to do that option.

Melina Maughan
801.867.0552
I will also send my address that way as well

This is what is included for only $7 each:  Quart Jar, Sticker Label, All the supplies to make your detergent & the recipe!

0 comments: